Wednesday, June 22, 2011

wondering

I was wondering when was the story about Santa Claus and the elves started. I know something about Santa, he's a wealthy man decided to become priest and Bishop of Myra but was persecuted during the roman empire. He was known for his love to the children specially to the less fortunate. His a wealthy man but his parents died when he was young. Then he sold all his belongings and give it to the poor, after his death, he was known for his love to children. So, that's the fact I know about santa or the Father of Christmas., in which he was n ever married so there is no Mrs. Claus.
About his elves, his official helpers, I know less about them, but what I heard is, elves are nature spirits, and according to the book that I am reading (it's a religious book authored by a catholic priest) elves are nature spirits which is basically evil. Ahhhaaa! If this is true, that elves are evil and helping Santa to make toys for kids, I'd rather play tumbang preso with the "taong-grasa" over the street than playing toys, made by demons. Although, Santa is a myth BUT St. Nicholas is not. Now i know. Merry Christmas, yeah I know, it's June, but it's a nice feeling to feel the spirits of Christmas everyday, coz when it's Christmas all of us are good, all of us are givers. See? Everything about Christmas is good, minus the elves. Hehehe!

No comments: