Wednesday, May 20, 2009

first love never dies

does first love dies? If you asked me that few years back, my answer would be yes, until I've watched this show on TV. One of the guests, answered it on the negative side. She answered no, coz it's the first romance that teaches you how to love and to sacrifice, maybe the feelings subsided but the thought that first love is irreplaceable then that makes it undying. You can love as many as you can feel but no such thing as first love.
Last night, as lie awake in bed, just thinking of what oscar wilde said, that love of oneself is the beginning of a lifetime romance. Well I thought that maybe it's my self is my first love. You've got to love yourself first before loving others, for you cannot give something you do not have. YOu can't give love, if you don't have it. So I think I am making sense, that first love never dies, if the first love is yourself.
Someone quoted me in a forum when I posted it that I believe in happy ever after. He told me that it's just in a fairy tale story, and fairy tales don't come true. But for me, fairy tales inspires us to keep on loving and moving forward, despite how many wicked stepmothers, witch or sisters we have in our way, it teaches us that if you have a mighty heart and strong will you can surpass all those who get in our way. And going back to happy ever after, it doesn't matter if you end up with your prince charming what matters most is, the feeling when you reach your destination after a tiring journey, the feeling that you have move-on after a failed relationship, see? In life, having a partner is joyours really, but sometimes it's not the only thing in this world that gives us happiness, what matters most is, you know the things that makes you happy, and whatever makes you happy, practice it..hehe
I

No comments: