Monday, June 01, 2009

I thought there's no 2 o'clock mass at the cathedral yesterday but I was wrong, (though I've already heard the reading from the sunday mass at tv I don't know but I felt that my week is not complete without visiting the church, maybe it's in my system already) so I am still at the stairs of the cathedral and I heard the sermon of the priest already, so I said to myself (aaahh there's a mass) and for the first time I have not saw anyone taking pictures outside or in front of the church (alleluia for that) it's not that I don't want people to take pictures of the church, it's ok, but please not when mass is still going on. Im late so I stayed near the angel with the holy water, I can see the priest delivering his sermon, his wearing a red sotana, oh it's pentecostal sunday yesterday that's why priests are wearing red. He asks how many times do we eat, so parishoners said 3x a day and how many times do you spent from eating your food? maybe 30 minutes to 1 hour depending whom your taking to while your eating, the priest continued. Then he asks another question, how many times do you pray? how many times do you spent to pray to God in a day? you eat 3x a day for 30 minutes and not even praying at lweast once for 30 minutes a day? I think that's the real sermon, and then the priest started walking to the aisle from altar to the gate of the church, I felt nervous I don't why maybe because Im at the gate, it's not that I don't pray, I pray every single minute of the day I don't know how many times but I know I cannot consume 30 minutes of praying, and the priest is right, I don't know but there are some who really goes to church without praying, some goes to church to transact business (monkey) and some are just to show off. I forgot, if the spirit lives in your heart, it shows in your face, and I think that's the origin of the saying: "Ang mga kristiyano ay masayang tunay"
My prayer had been different since the start of this year, I pray for my wickedness that God give more strength, coz the devil works 24/7 and it's no joke to be tempted, that's why the church is calling for global soul strengthening, we have to feed our soul by the words of God, and share His love by doing self-less action like feeding the hungry, educating the ignorant and so forth.

No comments: