Monday, June 29, 2009

sleepy afternoon

a few weeks ago, I went to the national bookstore at SM to buy an orange notebook, orange folder and orange extended folder plus unscented special paper (not orange as long as it's not scented coz his teacher have some allergies) when I was there searching for those school requirements, I remember 'Kapitan Sino" by Bob Ong, so I went to the bookstand of Filipino writers and immediately search for the book, because I am excited, but it was unfortunate for me that it's out of stock already, so maybe I can wait for one more week, then I saw this book from a fresh author whitn the sign of "rock on" with blue and black color...there's 2 books of that author but I picked up the other one which I thought the first to be published (the rock one sign) since there's no available book of Bob Ong, I tried the other book, it's the only copy and it's a little bit delapitated, maybe there are readers who are curious about it so they pass on reading it right there and then. On my way home, I drop by at the other branch of national bookstore at Abanao Square ( still looking for those orange stuff) I ask the sales attendant if they have "Kapitan Sino" and she pointed it, woohhaaa it's in front of me, so I get one, paid it to the cashier and went home.

Before I went to bed, I get the other book entitled "isang napakalaking kaastigan" wondering what's inside, anyways, there's a preview of the book, that says it's about his family, friends and career, and then at the back of the book, it says that everything is a joke, (I thought it's a collection of joke) or I can laugh something, well there are parts that makes me laugh, but those written at the back of the book na "mapapaisp ka ng malalim" it's true, I even argue with myself, It's my first time to encounter such words like. identidad and tendensiya, In my thinking (over used sa senado ito kapag may hearing) he must be talking of identity and tendency, well I can be wrong but if I am right, according to my friends, identity is pagkakakilanlan and tendency pwedeng ugali or pagkakataon. It's his first book that I read anyway, maybe I will give credits to him by buying the second book...(when I was readin g this, I thought of Jessica Zafra's twisted na sana yon na lang binili ko)

The following morning, since I was not convinced by those words, I researched on the internet (hindi sa identidad at tendensiya) but on the author itself, well he had a multiply, and there's this other one who make reviews on works of writers, I agree to him on his reviews on "isang malaking kaastigan" but when I tried to read his work also, I bang my head, their giving me heacache with those new filipino words, like textualidad aawww!!! and here's another modalidad, well moda is fashion but modalidad I am still thinking, for me, I get use of reading layman's terms especially kung tagalog, mas maganda at mas madaling intindihan thought tagalog naman ang ginamit pero kung gagamitan mo na ng ganitong salita mapapaisip ako, and I can't help compare their work to bob ong or ricky lee's work, tama lang ang mga gamit ng mga salita, hindi kumplikado, madaling intindihan.

Si kapitan sino naman, review niya ay korny daw, well in some ways, pero ano ba korny doon, maybe sinubukan niyang magpatawa (as usual) pero hindi masyado nakakatawa, siguro yong pagbanggit kay rey pj abellana at leny santos, lunch date at bagong kampeon. Buti nga wala si ultraman ace doon, eh sa palagay ko kamukha niya ayon sa pagkaka-larawan niya kay Kapitan Sino. Pero kung iyong iisipin, si Kapitan Sino ay dinala tayo sa nakaraan, kung saan ay limot na natin, si Kapitan Sino ay nagpaalala sa atin hindi lamang sa mga tao noon, kundi pati na ang mga nagawa, ginawa at hindi nila nagawa noon....Ang nobelang ito ay sumasalamin sa totoong kaganapan ngayon, na ang mga tao ay walang ka-kontetuhan sa buhay, na ikaw na ang tumulong ikaw pa ang masama.

No comments: